In addition to offering a chance to work in a community environment, Great Lakes offers competitive salaries, opportunities for advancement, and a competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Travel Assistance
- Ability Assist
- Paid Time Off
- World-Wide Travel Benefits and Discounts
- Corporate Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
Take Care of Your Health
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plan is available to full-time employees on the 1st of the month following 30 days of service. Coverage is available for the employee, spouse, and dependents.
Peace of Mind
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- A $10,000 life insurance policy and a Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit is offered to all full-time employees at no cost.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- Full-time employees also have the option to purchase additional supplemental life insurance up to 4 times their base annual salary ($600,000 maximum), as well as spouse (up to $20,000) and dependent coverage ($5,000 per dependent).
Long Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (LTD) protects employees who are unable to work due to unexpected illness or injury. LTD is available (at no cost) to all full-time employees and coverage is 60% of the employee’s base pay. Employees are eligible on the 1st of the month following 30 days of service.
Travel Assistance Program
- Because sometimes even the best travel plans go awry, full-time employees, spouses, and dependents are eligible for emergency assistance 24/7 when traveling 100 miles or more away from home at no cost to the employee.
Ability Assist Program
- Life presents opportunities and challenges. The Ability Assist program helps employees and their families cope with life, from the everyday to the unexpected. Whether managing everyday issues such as job pressures, relationships, retirement planning, finding child care, or being faced with grief, loss, or the impact of disability, Ability Assist is a resource for professional support. This benefit is available to all full-time employees at no cost.
Plan for the Future
401K Retirement Plan
- Great Lakes Airlines offers the opportunity to save for the future with a 401K Retirement Plan. Both part-time and full-time employees are eligible to participate on the 1st of the month following 6 months of service. Great Lakes matches a portion of the employee’s contribution, and the company match is 100% vested after 6 years of service.
Take Time for Yourself
Paid Time Off
- Great Lakes Airlines offers full-time employees time away from work with paid time off for vacation and sick leave to care for themselves or immediate family members. We encourage our employees to take vacation time to rest, relax, and play!
- Full-time employees receive six paid “holidays” per year, including New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Part-time and full-time employees also receive paid time off for bereavement (in the event of death of an immediate family member).
Travel the World!
World-Wide Travel Benefits
- One of the most exciting benefits of working for Great Lakes Airlines is flying FREE. Effective the first day of employment, all Great Lakes employees, and his or her spouse/domestic partner, eligible dependent children, and parents enjoy free unlimited space-available travel privileges on Great Lakes flights. After 90 days of employment, this benefit extends to free and discounted rates on flights with multiple carriers world-wide.*
- Annually, all Great Lakes employees receive a set of “Buddy Passes” valid for travel on Great Lakes Airlines for use by friends and other family members.*
- In addition, employees are eligible for Interline discounts for participating cruises, resorts/hotels, vacation packages, theme parks, rental cars, and many other travel related opportunities.*
*Travel privileges are subject to eligibility requirements and other restrictions
Enjoy the Perks!
- All Great Lakes employees are eligible for a 6% corporate discount on calling plans through Verizon Wireless, as well as discounted shipping rates with UPS.
Hard Work Rewarded
- Great Lakes is proud of our team of employees. We strive to find ways to commend those who go “above and beyond” on a daily basis. Whether it’s the service they provide our passengers, or the relationships they have developed with other team members, we have developed programs to recognize those employees for their efforts and reward them for their hard work in helping to build the “community” we are proud to call Great Lakes Airlines.